Rixwell Hotel Konventa Sēta - 3* hotel in Old Riga with 5 conference halls and cozy inner yard
Comfort for an accessible price in the very heart of Riga
Rixwell Hotel Konventa Sēta is located in the historic centre of Riga (Old Town), on 9/11 Kaleju Street. All the most popular tourist attractions, as well as shopping and business centres are located in the vicinity of the hotel. It is suitable for business people, tourists and families with children.
The complex of 7 buildings (schematic plan) where the hotel is hosted is a national architectural monument located in one of the most ancient neighbourhoods in Riga.
Originally, on the site of the Convent Yard there was a castle that belonged to the Order of the Brothers of the Sword, built during the 13th century and destroyed during the Livonian civil war. Later on, in 1297 in the 13th century, the Holy Spirit's Convent was placed in this area. Afterwards, at the end of the 17th century, the so-called Holy Spirit' s passage was introduced between Kaleju Street and Skarnu Street. During the 18th and 19th centuries, several warehouses were built there. St. George's Church — the chapel of the castle that belonged to the Order of the Brothers of the Sword — was retained.
In the 1990s, large-scale renovation works were carried out and hotel Konventa Sēta was opened.
141 roomsSpecial prices for groups
5 conference hallsCapacity from 16 to 100 persons
Services & Amenities
- 141 guest rooms (standard, suite, apartment and two-storey apartment) that can accommodate up to 283 guests;
- 5 conference, seminar and banquet rooms that can hold from 30 to 100 people;
- Spacious and bright breakfast room;
- Lobby bar (open 24/7)
- Rich buffet breakfast already included in your room price
- Paid guarded car park only a 5 min walk away from the hotel;
- Free Wi-Fi;
- Family-friendly hotel (baby cot, access with baby carriage);
- Best room prices in Old Riga
- Reception open 24/7.
- Pets allowed upon request for small additional fee (20 EUR per pet per night);
- Conference rooms and events facilities for corporate clients;
- Rent of rooms for banquets and special events, catering.
Direct dial from guest rooms to reception: 0 or 6007
Location & Contacts
9/11 Kalēju Street, Riga,
→ Check-in from 15:00
← Check-out till 12:00
For guests’ convenience
The hotel offers a generous breakfast buffet with a wide choice of meals. Breakfast is served every morning from 7.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. (on weekdays) and from 7.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. on weekends and holidays. Breakfast is always included in the room rate.
To ensure the comfort of the guests of Rixwell Hotel Konventa Sēta, free access to wireless network (Wi-Fi) is available in all the public areas and guest rooms of the hotel.
Children stay and additional guests
• Children under the age of 7 can stay in the room with their parents absolutely FREE of charge. Baby cot or extra bed and breakfast included.
• Children aged 8-15 can stay in their parents’ room for 15 € per person per night. Extra bed and breakfast included.
• Teenagers aged 16-17 can stay in their parents’ room for 21 € per person per night. Extra bed and breakfast included.
• Accommodation of additional guests - lodging in one of the hotel rooms - +21 € per person. Extra bed and breakfast included.
Car parking options
A convenient short-term and long-term paid car park for the vehicles of our guests is located only a 5 min walk away from the hotel at 19 Kungu Street.
Schematic map (PDF) →
Pets are wellcome
Guests are allowed to bring pets upon request and for an additional fee (20 €/per night per pet). When checking in, guests must get acquainted with the hotel rules for accommodation with pets, as well as fill in and sign a form intended for this purpose in the hotel reception.
How to get to the hotel from Riga airport
To get to Rixwell Hotel Konventa Sēta comfortably, we suggest that you use city public transport (bus 22 or expressbus 322) going from Riga International Airport that will take you to Riga Old Town in around 30 minutes. (bus stop: 11. Novembra krastmala).
For more information about prices, timetables and routes of the public transport in Riga, please visit: www.rigassatiksme.lv
Riga city centre and other destinations from the airport can be reached using a cab as well. The journey is approximately 20 - 30 minutes (depending on the traffic in the city). Taxi tariffs are published on the passenger side door of each taxi cab.
Rixwell Hotel Konventa Sēta offers its guests transfer services to the hotel or to Riga International Airport. This service needs to be booked in advance.